[78-L] Victrola floor model

Ron L"Herault lherault at verizon.net.invalid
Sat Dec 17 16:07:52 PST 2022

Hi Mark.

No, no endplay spec that I know of.   The motors vary a bit in how they are
put together but often there is a collar on the spindle shaft to keep the
shaft from being pulled out.  It has a locating divot in the shaft for it's
set screw to go into.  The key item on that shaft is a ball bearing at its
bottom end.  If one takes the motor apart an looses the ball bearing, the
motor will not work right.  In some, and maybe all motors, there are little
ball bearings inside the governor bearings.  Loose one or both of those and
you can't get the governor to work right.

Ron L