[78-L] Fwd: Re: Re: First real LP

BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com.invalid
Mon Feb 28 17:53:42 PST 2022

To Cary

I think the main development that enabled all the “shoestring” companies after WW II was the introduction of the Webcor tape recorder which allowed anyone with a couple of hundred dollar bills to spare become a recording engineer able to make half decent low budget recordings!  This was the first time the technology was within the grasp of the home hobbyists. Depending on the quality of the microphone and the group being recorded, one could make recordings whose quality rivaled the best commercial records of the day!

db

Sent from my iPhone