[78-L] RIP Michael Brooks

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net.invalid
Sun Nov 29 09:26:02 PST 2020

I headed for the CD box of the Bing Columbia CROONER set last night and have been enjoying revisiting it and Michael's sassy notes.  He certainly had a way with words! He pissed me off with his notes to the Glenn Miller Ace Of Hearts LP (Glenn's 1937 Decca session), referring the band as a "bunch of bland, soporific Trilbys," but it was a memorable turn of phrase!

Dave Weiner