[78-L] RIP Michael Brooks

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com.invalid
Sun Nov 29 00:11:54 PST 2020

The liner notes on the identical inner sleeves on those three Columbia Bing albums were also my first introduction to Michael Brooks. The graphics of all those colorful labels on the Unipac jackets were what grabbed you to a set featuring Bing Columbia’s that had never been reissued on lp before, but his notes explained why you should care. What was most striking was his telling of his unsatisfactory meeting with Bing — a story he could tell now that Bing was gone.