[78-L] Three Questions

kil at roadrunner.com.invalid kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Sat Mar 7 04:51:54 PST 2020

	Thank you Rodger, Kristjan and Cary,

	I slept much better last night.

	Question #1 is definitely solved. #2, I'm pretty sure it must have
been MESS AROUND. Nobody seems to know a way to search the archives of
78-L. Maybe it can't be done. Kristjan, how did you find Cary's post
from 2007? When I bring up the archive, it only goes back to 2008.

	RayK

 > THREE QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN KEEPING ME AWAKE THAT MIGHT BE EASILY
 > ANSWERED BY SOMEONE WITH A GOOD MEMORY.
 >
 > Back when Julian Vein was regularly posting to the list, he often
 > mentioned weekend auto trips he would take on summer weekends to
 > automobile record sales around the English countryside.
Participants
 > would sell 78s, (and probably other speeds, as well), from their
car
 > trunks. I’m trying to remember what these weekend record fairs
were
 > called. I seem to recall it had something to do with the British
term
 > for car trunk. Not bonnet...that would be the front of the car.
These
 > sales were definitely from the trunk in the rear.
 >
 > The second question is on Ray Charles. When I first joined the
list,
 > I came in at the tail-end of a thread on Ray Charles on 78. One of
his
 > purportedly outstanding early 78s was mentioned that I had never
heard
 > of. So it wasn’t WHAT’D I SAY or I’VE GOT A WOMAN. It may
have
 > been on early Atlantic, Swing Time or another small label.
 >
 > A more general question...
 >
 > Is there a way to search the 78-L archive with a "key" word?
 >
 > I thought there was, but I can’t find a place to enter the "key"
 > word.
 >
 > Thanks for any help.
 >
 > RayK
 />