[78-L] The End of 78 Era and Lou Breese

DKing ginku_ledovec at att.net.invalid
Tue Jul 30 20:53:33 PDT 2019

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your note, you’re right about the 1950's marking the transition
between shellac and vinyl.  That is why I did not know if that Frankie Laine
record was shellac or vinyl.  Apparently the one I have is a shellac 78,
meant for sale in the USA.

I am always amazed at how many musicians and groups that are on 78s
(and were quite famous in their time) that I’ve never heard of before.

How did you become interested in Lou Breese?

Dave King
Sunnyvale, Calif.