[78-L] The End of 78 Era and Lou Breese

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Wed Jul 31 07:01:28 PDT 2019

On 7/30/2019 10:53 PM, DKing wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for your note, you’re right about the 1950's marking the transition
> between shellac and vinyl.  That is why I did not know if that Frankie Laine
> record was shellac or vinyl.  Apparently the one I have is a shellac 78,
> meant for sale in the USA.
>
> I am always amazed at how many musicians and groups that are on 78s
> (and were quite famous in their time) that I’ve never heard of before.
>
> How did you become interested in Lou Breese?
>
> Dave King
> Sunnyvale, Calif.

Lou was my wife's grandfather. I have all of his scrapbooks, photos and
promo stuff from his era and when he worked for Paul Specht. The record
collection is probably 75% complete. I have a few radio show
transcriptions too, one of him with Arthur Murray and another of his
promo for the 1940 World's Fair.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
Technology...responsibly, thoughtfully