[78-L] Why Hot Feet?

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Sun Apr 14 18:15:31 PDT 2019

Most of you know that I am a Lou Breese completist. Right now, there are
a few interesting records on Ebay, one a Perfect with split sides, one
Specht's Who Knows and the other by Willard Robinson  and the other a
Viva Tonal of Specht's Hot Feet/Roll Up The Carpets.

The Viva is heard on CD's and the Perfect, well, I don't think I have
ever heard it. Bidding on the Viva is active even though it comes from
Japan with  hefty shipping fee.

Is it just because its a Viva or is there something special about this
one? Even though it is pretty jazzy, it's pretty much an ensemble with
only short, unimpressive solos, some clarinet and a few Phil Wall piano
solos. Notably absent are Lou Calabrese and Sylvester Ahola. I would
consider this record to be transitional, between Specht's roaring
twenties hits and his depression-era decline.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
Technology...responsibly, thoughtfully

---