[78-L] Oldtimers query

J. E. Knox rojoknox at gmail.com.invalid
Fri Apr 5 18:22:03 PDT 2019

Greetings from RojoLand!

> On 5 Apr 2019, at 13:45, David Jessup <dgjessup at hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> Though I don't know if they participate onlist any more, Peter Doyle (local upstate NY friend) and J E Knox (West Coast) are still kicking.

O-oh Ye-a-h…!

Of late, I've been more a reader here than a poster. I have a ton of archived 78-L message text, some of which is from the cornell.edu days (and a time when my E-mail was from "jakehouse.com"). Have been retired a couple years now, not doing as much with rekkuds as before, but I'm still hanging 'round here.

I too recall discussions with Steven C. Barr, often about computer database technology. Recall that he was a booster of the C8T file format used by the (Steve) Abrams Files, which have since become the basis for Ty Settlemier's Online 78rpm Discography Project. I can only imagine what he would have thought of DAHR (née EDVR).

Twenty years (plus) goes by bloody fast, doesn't it?

Take care,

—
J. E. Knox "The Victor Freak" and one-time SongFiler maven
—
“MEOW!!”—Douglas Fur (2001-2017) and Kimberly Fur (turning Sweet 16 in July)