[78-L] Goodman / Carnegie at 80

Douglas Pomeroy audiofixer at verizon.net.invalid
Wed Jan 17 15:28:54 PST 2018

 Hi David,

In June of 2011 George Avakian came to my studio with Jon Hancock and his 24 lacquers
so I could transfer them. The name of the original engineer is shown as Brickerhoff.
Unfortunately the quality of the dubs is quite poor, including huge level changes and
questionable EQ (extreme shrillness). The positive thing is that Buck Clayton's 3rd chorus
on Honeysuckle Rose is intact, which I'm told  it is not on the Sony issue. And my notes
 show that I Got Rhythm "has edits".

I know George and Jon where very disappointed.

Douglas Pomeroy
Audio Restoration and Mastering Services
193 Baltic St
Brooklyn, NY  11201-6173
(718) 855-2650
audiofixer at verizon.net