[78-L] K-Tel?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Sat Nov 25 08:13:42 PST 2017

Does anyone know of the K-Tel label being revived in recent years? I ran across
a CD compilation I did for Living Era ten years ago called Beat the Band to the
Bar, apparently available under the K-Tel and Emerald banners. The original
label manager knows nothing about this or whether Universal Music Group might
have sanctioned the release (they took over Living Era but deleted everything
and showed no interest in continuing it because of possible legal problems).
I'd like to know if this is legit or if I should start suing somebody.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=K-tel+beat+the+band+to+the+bar&biw=1024&bih=658&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=WBQOxffmzfNtxM%253A%252Cvk-F_TEDmWiS2M%252C_&usg=__2gmV6hXI8lMFo0xFS-MVAn6jXQw%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiK04fNg9nXAhUl04MKHVXUAEUQ9QEINTAE#imgrc=WBQOxffmzfNtxM: