[78-L] K-Tel?

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Sat Nov 25 14:03:41 PST 2017

Don't know about K-tel (although it seems the company still pretends
existence by having a semi-active Facebook-flow as well as a
Twitter-account). The Emerald banner seems only to be used on the
"cover" - and is really strange; most of this Irish label's output was
and is Irish music, and there's seemingly no connection between the
Irish label and the now defunct K-tel Ireland.

But how could you sue anyone for having used your transfers?  As I
recall this copyright question was discussed here a few years ago and
the conclusion was: unfortunately there exists no copyright on this type
of creative work. And wasn't there a legal case with Naxos involved?
Naxos claiming rights to technical work they had done with some
recordings, but losing the case.
Kristjan