[78-L] Does anybody know whether it is possible to make a 78 rpm record that could be play on an acoustic phonograph?

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com.invalid
Fri Nov 11 17:50:37 PST 2016

I don't know of any place on earth that still has the production facilities
for making the shellac resin.  It would be surprising if even the last
known places that pressed shellac 78s, such as Argentina, India and China,
would still have the means of restoring the equipment and manufacturing the
material anew.  Certainly the last of it in North America was produced in
1960, at which time they'd ceased manufacturing them.