[78-L] glass record mystery

Joe Salerno jsalerno at collector.org.invalid
Mon Sep 5 06:54:40 PDT 2016

[SHORT ANSWER]

There is not a manufacturer's name. RR-10, RR-30, and RR-31 are printed
on the labels, but not in a consistent manner. Perhaps these are a
manufacturer cat number. What manufacturer? Maybe Mike has a catalog.
What was gained by making them opaque?

[LONG ANSWER, with descriptions]

There are 3 discs.

The first one has an NBC label on both sides, with RR-10 printed in
small letters near the bottom, easy to read along with the typewritten
info on the label. Back to this in a moment.

The 2nd disc is Blue Network label on one side, RR-30 is printed in a
manner identical to the NBC label.

The 3rd disc is also Blue Network but only recorded on one side. This
label is the same, with RR-30. The blank side has the manufacturer's
label (I assume) rubber stamped GLASS, HANDLE [center hole]T CARE. The
number on this label is RR-31 and is printed at the border of the label,
in a circular manner, not in a place that would be easily read along
with the other info, if there was more info.

So I'm wondering if these are catalog numbers, and that network labels
were printed to spec with cat #s in a different place.

So revising the question from my first post, who made these discs and
what was gained by making them opaque?

Joe Salerno