[78-L] Zonophone 9 inch paper label discs

zimrec@juno.com zimrec at juno.com.invalid
Sun Aug 7 11:37:35 PDT 2016

A couple months ago, I acquired approximately fifty 9-inch Zomophone records at an estate sale.  Those were only part of a lot of over 200 78s, mostly pre-1930 period.  I was interested in knowing how many of the Victor Herbert Band recordings were issued on that 5000 numerical series, so I consulted the relevant page of the online 78 rpm discography project: http://www.78discography.com/ZonoCP.htm.What I discovered was that some of the recordings attributed on the website to Zonophone Concert Band or simply "Band" are, in fact, credited as Victor Herbert's Band on the record labels.  There are also some differences with regard to records other than Herbert's Band, mostly minor, between the online artist credit and how the credit reads on the record labels.  I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who can provide corrections, big or small, for artist and song title credits compared to what is listed on the website page for that Zonophone series.Art Zimmerman