[78-L] SIENA Records (Boston, mid 50's)

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com.invalid
Sat Aug 22 08:10:05 PDT 2015

On 8/22/2015 10:00 AM, Thomas Stern wrote:
> Randy&  David,
>    Thanks for that correction.  A little further searching turns up an address listing for SIENA in a 1960 Billboard.  There was a
> review of the Bruckner in a 1960 HiFi/Stereo Review.
>    I wonder if the Lukas Foss/Zimbler Sinfonietta release was perhaps RECORDED
> in the 50's ???  Worldcat says "1956?",

I am so far getting nowhere with finding any information about Siena,
but the 1956 recording date is plausible-- the Boston Globe reported in
early April 1956 that Mr. Foss was taking over as conductor, and also
piano soloist, for the final concert of the Zimbler Sinfonietta on 11
April at Jordan Hall in Boston.