[78-L] Older musicians

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Fri Apr 3 21:01:52 PDT 2015

On 4/3/2015 8:54 PM, Don Chichester wrote:

>> To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
>> Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 19:41:14 -0500
>> From: rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
>> Subject: Re: [78-L] Older musicians
>>

>> Loss of hearing is surely a big ticket item as well, and that comes in
>> various forms too.  My beloved high school choral director had been a
>> concert tenor and toured as such after WWII (made two 78s - getting us
>> solidly on-topic) and sometime in his late fifties he lost tone recognition.
>> He could still hear to carry on conversations, but could not recognize music
>> (melodies), much less sing it!  I could not grasp that problem at all when
>> it happened to him, but now have an inkling of what that must feel like.
>>

>> Rodger
>>
> I know his problem.  I suffer from it, too.  It's called APD, Audio Processing Disorder.I can't recognize melodies anymore.  Hearing aids don't help.  I seldom (try to) listen to my records anymore.  Age: 81. Don Chichester

My dad is in his late 80's. He was a #1 classical listener. Does not at
all anymore. Has a good sized collection of 33's and a pretty thorough
knowledge of what was and was not the best. Almost all lost now.

Lou Breese had to quit his trumpet when he got older. His daughter tells
me he "lost his lip."

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.