[78-L] Reginald Foort, organist

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com.invalid
Thu Jan 1 20:11:42 PST 2015

As a child I had "Finlandia" by Foort and it was one of my favourites.  Since I was a typical child, the longevity of records in my possession was not very impressive and this disc was broken back in the '50s.  I never heard it again until I found a copy in the CBC record library which I acquired four years ago.  I have now also digitized it and this record being in excellent condition sounds very good in that format, (after cleaning and running it through CEDAR).  It was fun to hear it again after over 60 years.
db