[78-L] Smith and Dale --- Dr. Kronkheit sketch

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Fri Sep 12 19:29:41 PDT 2014

Is the fireman skit complete? Part of it was in a PBS program on Jewish comedy
a million years ago.

Dr. Kronkheit is on two lps that I know of. One is the Boris Rose lp that has
Two Black Crows on one side. It's from the Sullivan show, which I also saw in
the 50s (they were on it again in the early 60s as I recall). The other (a
shorter version) is on an Evolution lp (or double lp) of great moments in
comedy or something like that..it may derive from the Readers Digest box set
narrated by George Burns. I don't have either one here at the moment.

A zillion years ago, a buddy and I found the sketch in a book (compiled by
Bennett Cerf) and we used to do it at junior high assemblies and anyplace else.
I finally found that book a couple of years ago.

And yes, Smith And Dale At The Palace actually does exist. Took me decades to
find a copy. No I can't remember if Dr. Kronkheit is on it!

ALSO, check out a ghastly movie called Two Tickets to Broadway. I think Turner
ran it this week (and I forgot to record it). Smith and Dale turn up a couple
of times, and they're the only reason for watching it.

dl