[78-L] one hen, two ducks

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com.invalid
Fri Jul 25 18:40:03 PDT 2014

This conversation came up on another list, and I figured you good folks
would have the ultimate answer.  When I was growing up, an overnight DJ
named Dick Summer on WBZ Radio in Boston used to play a novelty song
with the lyrics "One hen, two ducks, three squawking geese, four
limerick oysters, five corpulent porpoises..." (etc, all the way up to
ten). I know there was a modern version of the song, called the Tibetan
Memory Trick, I believe-- Flo and Eddie (formerly of the 60s pop group
the Turtles) did it.  But who did the original, and was it on a 78?