[78-L] Facebook for 78'ers, was Re: Sirius/XM cancels 40s channel

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sat Apr 5 07:03:41 PDT 2014

There's also discussiong groups for Black & White Hillbilly & Blues Records, the Antique Phonograph Society, the Ragtimers Club, Hot Jazz Records (1917-1931), one devoted to the Paul Oliver Collection, and many others that I don't have time for. But the "noise" on these groups' sites is kept to a strict minimum and I've made many useful contacts through them. As Mike says, the chief advantage is being able to post images and share audio/video clips. There's also an ARSC page, I might add. I'm finding that I'm spending 95% of my time on Facebook and only 5% on 78-L these days. Even that Kanadian Kurmudgeon Lennick has joined a few.

Cary Ginell