[78-L] Facebook for 78'ers, was Re: Sirius/XM cancels 40s channel

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Apr 5 04:00:35 PDT 2014

If you want to keep contact with a conversation your best bet is to
"like" it.  It sounds stupid but if you click "like" it gets referred
into your timeline activities and you can search for it there.  When a
comment is made to a thread it pops up to the top even if it is old.
The group administrators can pin a discussion to the top if it is
important.  You can copy and paste a discussion into your email,
although that might not get it back for everyone if you wish to resume,
but at least it no can be found by your email search function. Plus it
won't disappear if the poster deletes it or leaves facebook. I suppose
an administrator could archive the page that way.  Group pages work
differently from those of individuals.

Some of the Groups I am in:

78 rpm records & cylinders fan group is usually the most interesting
Records before 1945 (cylinder, 78's Diamond Discs etc.)  is fairly new.
Shellacrecords 78rpm  has some interesting europeans.
78 rpm Jazz and Blues Record Collectors  harbors some knowledgeable
people.
78 RPM Sell & Trade   78-C with pictures
Vitaphone Project  Keep up with Ron Hutchinson and Vince Giordano here

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com