[78-L] Almanac Singers first album

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 25 21:58:00 PDT 2014

Yes but neither is K-101. This is where a Keynote discography would come in
handy..Thomas Stern? Jack Raymond?

I've had 6 Songs for Democracy several times and never seen one with a K-
prefix, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be one on a later issue. It
probably stayed in print as long as Keynote existed..I've seen it with very
thin pressings. I don't know if it got reissued on Theme. I had Music Room 105
and didn't know anything about it till I did some research and found out about
the Topic source.

I've had two of the Almanac discs but not the album. (Info should be in the
Bear Family "Songs for Political Action" set which is not handy at the moment.)
So I can't answer the question of it being album 102 if there was no Almanac 101.

(K105 is No For An Answer..that's one I know since it's on a shelf behind me,
as well as on eBay.)

dl