[78-L] Rock & Roll rising

eugene hayhoe jazzme48912 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 10:46:47 PDT 2014

MANY musicians, no matter what the style, often pick up things they like from others and 'work them into' their own thing. More than once it has struck me how Presley seemed to pitch his vocal lines much as a 'one man vocal group,' would, that is emulating how different lines would come from different singers in different pitch ranges; one line (or part of a line) from the lower registers, the next from a higher one. Blue Moon and Blue Moon of Kentucky seem like a good example without dragging it out to listen to..