[78-L] Tonearm/Cartridge Mismatch - Compliance Remedies?

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 14:33:38 PST 2013

So in a way all those people who put coins on their tonearms thinking
they'd make them track better had it half right....the added mass would
help lower the effective resonant frequency of the tonearm/cartridge/stylus
combination in those el cheezo players (which could potentially reduce some
bass-related skipping issues) but they goofed by not re-adjusting tracking
force back to the same pressure as it originally was.