[78-L] Bi lingual

rjh334578gmail rjh334578 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 03:38:59 PST 2013

The discussion of Canadian discs prompts me to ask...

All my scroll Victors and many later ones have Spanish-ized titles
which I have always assumed was for simple crossdistribution in
Mexico.  This sure predates the current US fad of subtitling
everything in Spanish and leads me to consider the Canadian issues.

I'm a litttle suprised the Canadian ones do not have French
subtitles.  Any idea why?  They've been big on having everything
bilingual in French Canadia for as long as they've been on the map, at
least in my lifetime living near the border as a kid and getting lots
of Canadian coins in change.  Also begs the question why the Columbias
which were distributed there didn't sport the subtitles in French.
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPod - which explainz the bad typjng