[78-L] Musicraft Raeburn, Auld, Hipster

Joe Scott joenscott at mail.com
Tue Nov 5 14:08:12 PST 2013

IIRC,
good sound:
Harry The Hipster
bad sound:
both Georgie Auld
Raeburn, Experiments In Big Band Jazz (except the tracks Savoy had already reissued, such as Summertime) (I have the CD)
So Raeburn's "I Wanna Get Married" e.g., IIRC master went Guild ---> Musicraft --> Savoy but Savoy was cherrypicking Gillespie solos (more or less) so didn't bother to reissue that tune, whereas Marx had no master to "I Wanna Get Married" but did reissue it on album (and/or CD) anyway. Am I right?
Joseph Scott
[...]
Some time later Albert Marx revived the Musicraft label for LP and later CD reissues of
the catalog. I do not know if any masters were ever located.[...]