No subject

Tue Oct 29 23:07:36 PDT 2013

omplete absence of cross-border migration of records.  To this day we=0Anev=
er see Canadian records -- 78's OR LPs -- here in the U.S. except for=0Aa r=
are group you might find in a Salvation Army that would seem to have=0Acome=
 from one donation from one family of ex-pat Canadians who moved=0Ahere wit=
h their records.  I NEVER saw late electrical Canadian=0Abat-wings.  Even n=
ow I was astonished to see that RCA Victor LPs of=0Ashows and soundtracks w=
ere on Red Seal labels when junking in Toronto a=0Acouple of years ago.  Pe=
rhaps a few would have been seen in the border=0Atowns, but not as far down=
 as the NYC area I grew up in.  It was a big=0Adeal when we would find a Ca=
nadian penny!=0A=0A=0AMike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com  =0A=0A  -------- Original=
 Message --------=0A Subject: [78-L] Canadian, American, like what's the di=
fference eh?=0A From: "Han Enderman" <jcenderman at solcon.nl>=0A Date: Mon, N=
ovember 04, 2013 10:33 am=0A To: "78-L" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>=0A =
=0A The Canadian patriotic Columbia P series (blue-white with flag) has=0Ab=
een discussed here long ago.=0A Did Canadian Columbia press records from th=
e US catalog (A- & -D=0Aseries) of the teens/20s ?=0A If yes, how can such =
pressings be recognized (minor differences on=0Alabels) ?=0A =0A han enderm=
an=0A =3D=3D=3D=0A >>> =0A The Canadian operation pressed many of the impor=
tant recordings but=0Aalso tried =0A to replace many with their own version=
s in the 216xxx series. I never=0Asaw a US =0A Victor in the flesh till I b=
egan serious collecting in the early 60s,=0Aother =0A than the odd one some=
one had brought up on a trip. =0A Columbias were a different story, looked =
almost identical. =0A Brunswicks said made in Canada but the labels were vi=
rtually identical =0A (not forgetting the earliest Vertical ones which were=
 pressed only in=0ACanada).=0A =0A dl=0A =0A On 11/4/2013 7:51 AM, rjh33457=
8gmail wrote:=0A > Were American Victors available at all in Canada?=0A >=
=0A > Sent from my iPod - which explainz the bad typjng=0A >=0A > On Nov 3,=
 2013, at 11:22 PM, David Lennick<dlennick at sympatico.ca>=0A > wrote:=0A =
>=0A >> I just happened to catch a tv spot for ANCESTRY.CA, a Canadian site=
=0A >> (supposedly). Shows an old record spinning. An AMERICAN Victor=0A >>=
 batwing. Nice=0A >> research, morons.=0A >>=0A >> dl=0A <<<=0A ___________=