[78-L] A note to any users of the US Postal Service

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 26 17:41:40 PDT 2013

I have not had that experience Cary.  My only loss ever on an insured international parcel was an expensive box of records shipped Priority Mail to Japan that never arrived.  It was never even scanned in the system anywhere along the way.  Fortunately I still had proof of mailing.  I reimbursed the buyer and filed a claim.  I had to supply proof of the claimed value.  They accepted a copy of my invoice and proof that I was paid that amount for the records.  After a wait of about three months and a few phone calls to USPS customer service I was reimbursed for the entire value of the records, including over $50 in postage reimbursement.  Their main concern was the possibility that the package might turn up, hence the delay.

I'll admit that this was six or seven years ago but it's the only lost insured international package I've had in 15 years in this business.  Last year I shipped over 1,000 packages of records to 38 countries in addition to the USA with no losses.  Only a handful were insured.

I hear horror stories like yours once in a while but I can only go on my own experience.  Sometimes crap happens and you just have to look at the big picture and move on.  I'm really sorry this happened to you.  Truly it could have been any of us, but it is not necessarily the norm.

Best regards,

Roger Wade
Really Old Records

http://www.reallyoldrecords.com