[78-L] Maxixe record from 1912?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Aug 25 15:43:33 PDT 2013

While looking for something else on the Internet,  I found this great
musical track,  with only this information:

Choro (maxixe) "Corta jaca", composed by Chiquinha Gonzaga and executed by
the Grupo Chiquinha Gonzaga. Recorded in 1910-1912

Can anyone actually ID the record and tell me when it was issued and on what
label?   There are some YouTube clips of records by this group...they are
remarkable as they sound so modern,  at least to my ears.  Great stuff!

Thanks from

Taylor