[78-L] Bing's Lacquer, WAS Diamond Dick? attn Julian

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 5 17:36:47 PDT 2013

Hey all,

I have a set of two heavy, blank white label 12-inch Victrola pressings of
the first and last parts of  the show, with the Victor info etched in the
center portion of the discs, matrices PCVE-68311 and 68312. It's hard to
read the rest of the text under the labels, but the matrices are easy to
read.  I got them from, of all places, the collection of singer Helen
Ward. The first disc starts with the time check and watch store ad
preceding the show and the second ends rather abruptly after the CBS
network ID.  I don't think there is anything on the discs that hasn't been
heard on LP and CD reissues. The sound is clear and clean, though a trifle
thin.

Dave Weiner