[78-L] LP set of 1908 Carmen... in German.

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 25 19:53:05 PDT 2013

Okay, thank you all... well ALMOST all of you. I received off-list a "Don't waste your effort, Ward Marston's already done it" type of email from an S & R Pinsker. Now, I wouldn't really consider that rude, but mayhaps I LIKE the challenge of re-doing a transfer. Ward goes great work, but if I am going to get something better than proficient at this, I need the practice. And, also MAYBE I'd like to have it in the digital domain for myself.

Not that your opinion is not valued, Mr Pinsker, I just vehemently disagree with it.

End-of-rant. Sorry to bother the rest of you with it.

Oh, and the LP transfer ain't too bad, and it beats lugging 56 sides thru the computer... and it IS a bit of a challenge, which I am working on now.

Brad

    ----- Original Message -----  From: Joseph R Stewart <RandyStewart at MissouriState.edu>  To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com  Sent: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 19:07:48 -0000 (UTC)  Subject: Re: [78-L] LP set of 1908 Carmen... in German.    Mike Harkin asked:  Did you find 78's or an lp issue?? Marston has issued a 1908 Carmen with Emmi Destinn, in German, 56 sides.? An lp dubbing of this?    This Discophilia set dates from the mid-1970s.  They also produced an LP dub of the contemporaneous "Faust" with some of the same cast members (Karl Jorn, Emmy Destinn), along with single LPs devoted to various 78rpm-era German singers. I don't have the U.S. "High Fidelity" magazines from that period close by, but I remember first hearing about these sets from reviews in that mag.  Randy Stewart  Arts Producer  KSMU  901 S. National  Springfield MO 65897        _______________________________________________  78-L mailing list  78-L at klickitat.78online.com  http://klickitat.78online.com/mailman/listinfo/78-l