[78-L] '39 Worlds Fair souvenir record

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Thu Jul 25 06:18:57 PDT 2013

Such a record in envelope was on ebay late 2011 and I saved its 3 images.
The envelope says:
An RCA Victor Phonogram //
A Souvenir of the / RCA Victor Exhibit / New York World's Fair 1940

There is a receipt present, $1.35 + 0.03c tax = $1.38.
The record plays Schubert's Ave Maria, dated 9/3/40.

I assume it was possible to record your own voice or pianistics.
Will mail you the images.

Did Victor use the name Phonogram elsewhere?
RCA Victor Home Recording Records are named so on the labels,
and I have an image of the sleeve which says
"Victor Record Blank for Home Recording"

han enderman
===

I just digitized a 10" metal based lacquer, an RCA home recording disk.
It's label says that it is a souvenir of the 1939 Worlds Fair.  Anyone know
how much it cost to cut the disk?  Was it done in the RCA building of the
Fair?  There's a pianist and a vocalist on one side and just the vocalist on
the other.  Any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron L'Herault
<<<