[78-L] 78s in movies WAS Batwing label in movies

Iñigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 03:22:26 PDT 2013

This reminds me of my favourite films w/ 78s in it...

Latest revisited is Cary Grant /  Irene Dunne's Penny Serenade (1941)
where the thread of the story is hilvaned while Irene Dunne is playing
records one after another from the family album. Each sequence
commences with a view of the label... (recalling from memory, maybe
not all the sequences have a record label at the start). I remember
Victors? maybe circle labels... Someone wants to clarify this?
BTW. Irene Dunne character worked in a record shop, and that's where
Cary Grant falls in love with ther.... Do you remember the huge pile
of 78s that Cary takes to the listening booth? Ha, ha..

Another movie with 78s I remember is Hitchcock's Strangers in a train
(1951). I think it is Farley who enters in a record shop and gets more
or less engaged with the girl attendant (ugly girl with glasses) who
later in the film is the victim of the experiment.

Iñigo