[78-L] Black Europe

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 23 01:09:05 PDT 2013

On 23/07/13 08:44, Thomas HENRY wrote:
> "*suggest acquisition of the two books (and **45 CDs) by your local
> library, state or university library*" : this is exactly the problem, all
> these scarce recordings are hidden somewhere in libraries, and this box
> will maybe have the same destiny... I know that's an amazing job you did,
> but I'm unfortunately not part of the person who can buy such a luxury.

Many years ago when I borrowed LPs (and 78s) from my local library, they
had a chart to mark any faults like scratches, so that when you returned
them you weren't apportioned the blame for faults already there. Rather
like car hire. I don't know if this still applies in the era of the CD,
but can you imagine a librarian checking through 45 CDs and two books
each time on return?

The other question is how long do libraries allow you to have items on
loan? Forty-five CDs is gonna take a while to get through, even just once.

      Julian Vein