[78-L] FW: Needed -- Fine Details on Bradley-McKinley

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 16:26:23 PDT 2013

According to George T. Simon,Bradley never got back into the band business after he and McKinley parted company.I read that in his book "The Big Bands" back in 1968 when I was given that  book as a gift.I was 17 at the time.I had one Anita O'Day 78 on Signature with Bradley conducting on one side and Benny Carter on the other:"How High The Moon" and "Key Largo".There is more on the Miller -McKinley Army Air Force info in Simon's 1974 book on Glenn Miller.He was a CBS staff musician as I recall.I seems to me I read that by way of George T. Simon whom I had talked to in the late '80s when I found a reissue of Miller's '37 Decca recording of "Peg O'My Heart b/w "Moonlight Bay" in a junk store in North Bend,Oregon.This was in 1987.