[78-L] FW: Needed -- Fine Details on Bradley-McKinley

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Wed Jul 17 16:32:43 PDT 2013

On 7/17/2013 6:26 PM, Dan Van Landingham wrote:
> According to George T. Simon,Bradley never got back into the band business after he and McKinley parted company.I read that in his book "The Big Bands" back in 1968 when I was given that  book as a gift.I was 17 at the time.I had one Anita O'Day 78 on Signature with Bradley conducting on one side and Benny Carter on the other:"How High The Moon" and "Key Largo".There is more on the Miller -McKinley Army Air Force info in Simon's 1974 book on Glenn Miller.He was a CBS staff musician as I recall.I seems to me I read that by way of George T. Simon whom I had talked to in the late '80s when I found a reissue of Miller's '37 Decca recording of "Peg O'My Heart b/w "Moonlight Bay" in a junk store in North Bend,Oregon.This was in 1987.

I inherited one of those early copies from my grandfather. I also got
the record set. It is unusual because it is supposed to be one of the
only record sets with each disk pressed by a different label. I recall
it was disk to disk, not side to side.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.