[78-L] Chinese Shipping

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 15 20:31:12 PDT 2013

This is all very encouraging......not!

Getting records FROM China can be just as crazy. I bid on a couple of 60s 78s
of those wonderful "Chairman Mao We Love You" songs on two occasions. First
ones arrived in great condition. Second package, same seller, the discs were
packed between two two-inch thick slabs of hard foam, but exposed at the edges,
so naturally they were damaged (and one lp from the same guy looked as if it
had been played on an acoustical gramophone). Compensation? HA!

dl