[78-L] Joseph Rheinberger

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Fri May 24 21:04:40 PDT 2013

Can anybody tell me why Mr. WERM and Mr. Hall completely ignore Joseph Rheinberger?  I have a Brunswick 78 of the first movement of Rheinberger's Organ Concerto Op. 177, played by Walter Fischer of the Berlin Cathedral with orchestra.  This is a single disc and I'm wondering if it's the first record of a set or if it was issued as a single.  I think this is the first time I have ever come across a record on a major label which is within WERM's time period but is omitted by the guide.

db