[78-L] Stamps Quartet [was Paging any Texas label expert(s)...]

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Mon May 20 11:26:17 PDT 2013

I have only scans of 100-A/B, however with dark blue label, with following label info:
Label name: The Stamps Record
Logo (at 12 over staff): Stamps Music Co.
At bottom: The V.O. Stamps Music Co. / Jacksonville, Texas / Chattanooga, Tennessee
Performers are Stamps Quartette, mxs 20154-A & 20194-B.
Both titles composed by J.R. Baxter, Jr.
Not in Gart's ARLD.
This record was at some time on the Venerable Music auction site, with scans:
https://www.vmauctions.com/items/item_details.php?id=6508&ItemType=Auctions

Rodger, can you mail me label images of your records?
At least the name Stamps Quartet is different !

han enderman
===

[78-L] Paging any Texas label expert(s)...
Rodger Holtin

What is known about the STAMPS QUARTET label?  I have two, # 100 and 200, both red labels clearly state "Recorded by Sellers Co., Dallas, Texas"

I can guess "post-war era," but any closer dating would be nice.
Any info welcome.
Rodger
<<<