[78-L] Varsity Classical LP ID

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Sat May 18 11:35:29 PDT 2013

Mr. Lennick wrote:

By the way, is it really in D minor on your copy? Better play it at 45RPM....

Indeed, it is G minor of course. It's been a rough morning...

Mr. Lennick,

Can you hear side joins? Obie had a Mozart 40 on Masterpiece and World's
Greatest. Curiously enough, I can't find a version on Telefunken from around
this period.

I have listened for that specifically, and sadly, this is not an easy one. Sounds
like tape; a first generation one at that, terrific sound for an injection molded
Varsity really. And no cock crows or auto horns that i can hear -- that would
make it too easy I guess.

I have posted the whole symphony in an mp3 to this file:

http://kiwi6.com/file/60035s08o3

Warning: Movement three is a rough ride -- that's another reason why I'd like to find an
alternate source for it.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com