[78-L] Man, they were great

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Apr 28 18:53:30 PDT 2013

Yeah...a lot of guys' idea of being able to "double" is to play alto and
tenor!  My dad played in a dance band with a guy who could double on any
damn reed instrument ever invented...he would have fit into the Casa Loma
band just fine!

I have a friend who a while ago tried to take up oboe...he gave up,  and
having heard so much about it...I didn't blame him!

There was a guy who worked for Welk in the 50s and 60s...name of Bill
Paige...he could play any of them.

Taylor