[78-L] Man, they were great

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 19:09:06 PDT 2013

There were a few people who could play quite well on just about anything
during the band era. Names that come to mind are Murray MacEachern, Benny
Carter, Claude Lakey, Deane Kincaide.....

Maynard Ferguson is well known as a trumpet and valve trombone player, but
he also played French Horn, and was a virtuoso on the alto sax.