[78-L] [78-C] Specially Made for J. A. Hultman

Rjholtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 16:50:19 PST 2013

Rumor persisted for years that he was a distant relative (Mom's side, methinks but could be either) but never tracked it down.  He was a friend of a great-uncle, also a Covenant church singer in Chicago.  I have exactly one of these personal Columbias, but he seems to have sold bunches of them.  Everybody else in the family had them - and tossed them instead of giving them to me.  Mine was a flea find.  I have seen a few at outrageous prices in Pennsylvania and NY and left them behind.

I suspect the flea owners must think they are great rarities. Hence the high prices.  I wonder if they are not the most common Columbia personals ever made.  I'd like to find the CD mentioned in Wik and I think mine is the same one you just found altho it is typically missing as I keep hiding it from myself.  I'll let you know when it turns up.

The Chautauqua Preachers Qt on Pathe is of greater interest to me as they were sung a cappella and I'm a sucker for those things.  I have one that was reissued on Perfect 11000 series.

Sent from my iPod