[78-L] SELAH Jubilee SINGERS

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Thu Mar 7 18:32:19 PST 2013

Can anyone identify the 78 or 45 disk original release for the following titles by the Selah Singers (I did
not see them listed in the GOSPEL DISCOGRAPHY, but perhaps I missed them or they are listed under a different
group???):
  I CAN'T TARRY
  SOMETHING TO TELL MY LORD
  I HAVE FOUND NO FRIEND

In APRIL 1959, The Selah Jubilee Singers were part of a FOLK concert at Carnegie Hall,
organized by Alan Lomax.  United Artists issued an LP of parts of that concert, reviews
indicated problems with the recordings.  Does anyone know if recordings are extant of
the SELAH performances?  Who was in the group?  What songs were performed?

Thanks!
Best wishes, Thomas.