[78-L] Bill Crosby?

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 15:59:06 PST 2013

On 25/01/13 20:47, Taylor Bowie wrote:
> I'm looking for records by the well-known songwriter who had his office in
> that famous building on Broadway,  along with Carole King and others...
>
> Brill Cosby.
>
> Also need a record of that famous instrumental by Neil "Fats" Hefty about
> the midget who had an obsession with  the lower part of women's legs...he
> would follow them around town for hours...
>
> "Shinny Stalkings."
>

> Taylor

=====================
These are a few culprits who turn up from time to time (not necessarily
on fleapay):

Nick Caizza

Miles Davies

Chuck Berry (when they mean Chu Berry)

Jimmy Lunceford

Jimmy Noone

Jerry Mulligan

Sarah Vaughn

Rex Stuart

Aaron Saks

Billy Holiday

Gene Cedric

Bud Johnson

Thelonius Monk
Colman Hawkins
Waine Shorter
John Gilmour
Jimmy Guiffre

and in the mid-50s "Jazz Journal" used the abbreviation J.A.P.T. for
"Jazz at the Philharmonic". Presumably they kept the type standing?!

There's a pianist who has been known as Harry Biss, Harry Diss, Harry
Liss, and probably worse!

      Julian Vein