[78-L] Bill Crosby?

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 12:52:19 PST 2013

On 25/01/13 20:31, Michael Shoshani wrote:
> I prefer Eubie Balke, who went solo after breaking up with Brunswig and
> Calendar. I don't think he ever recorded for Decka, though. I think he
> recorded for Capital. He had quite a carer, playing with the bands of
> Glen Miler, Benny Goodmen, Glenn Grey, and of course Duck Ellington.
>
> MS
>
> Oh! I forgot to ask, did the seller have any Jangle Rineheart records? I
> love those.

=======================
On a related subject. BBC Radio 3's "Jazz Request Requests" tomorrow
(Saturday) features the following:

  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pz2rm

  "26/01/2013

Alyn Shipton presents a selection of listeners' requests in all styles
of jazz, including music from the T G Collective, Eddie Duchin, Bud
Freeman and a memory of the late Sir Richard Rodney Bennett."

I wonder what the Eddie [sic] Duchin will be? "Between The Devil And The
Holy See"?

      Julian Vein