[78-L] RARE Patti Paige recording - sort of sweet

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 3 05:43:07 PST 2013

I was sorry to see Patti die. I'm sure I posted this story here at least once and it was in my column in In The Groove years ago - but at the Fancy Food Show in New York about 8 or 9 years ago as I was getting ready to walk the last aisle (among 2600 vendors) I came across the booth for Patti Paige Maple Syrup. Yep, she and her husband lived in NH and had a company called Hilltop Farm. (BTW, she was not at the booth that day; she was the day before) . Her husband  was a part-time inventor and created a sound chip to go in the lid so that it activated when you took off the lid and light hit it. The recording was of Patti singing about joys of New England Maple Syrup to the tune of "Old Cape Cod". I still have it and pulled out this morning to play in her memory.  Bet there aren't many of these in sound archives out there. Obviously they closed the business a few years ago. I found this interesting "liquidation story" via Google: http://mapletrader.com/community/archive/index.php/t-13047.html Steve Ramm