[78-L] side 2 same song

Rjholtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 20:16:39 PST 2012

I suspect 19766 could be a regional only issue, both sides cut in California, the tune obviously of special local interest.  It has been stated here that the first Orthophonic 19626 was a Philadelphia regional issue be cause it was a Mask n Wig Club record.  If that's true, 19766 as a regional-only doesn't seem unheard of.

The first Swing Classic was Star Dust on both sides - TD / BG on Victor 25230 -- a good way to introduce a special series/marketing tool using a tip-top tune and big name bands.

Seems a good bet that Victor 20-1561 with All The Things You Are by TD one side and Shaw on the other may have been an homage to Jerome Kern.  Methinks he died at about the time that was released.

Have a vinyl pressing of Sweetheart of Sigma Chi by Crosby on one side and Francis Langford on the other - both sides bearing the original label with original (yes, different) catalog numbers.  Obviously a special issue, not a regular series pressing.

Sent from my iPod