[78-L] It All Comes Back To Me Now

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Tue Oct 23 05:38:43 PDT 2012

On 10/22/2012 11:25 PM, Ray wrote:
> Mark, are you sure about the date?  It looks like IT ALL COMES BACK TO ME
> NOW was copyrighted in 1940 and was popular in 1941.  WISE OLD OWL was also
> popular in 1941.  With that in mind, do you have a guess at whose band is on
> the air check based on who Lou Breese was with at the time?  It would be
> easier for the list to look for possible air checks if the band is known.
> RayK
> From: Mark Bardenwerper
> A few years ago, I was sent a CD with a very poor recording of an
> aircheck that is supposedly of Lou  Breese from 1937.
> Within it was this heart wrenchingly evocative version of "It All Comes
> Back To Me Now". I wonder if someone has this aircheck or if they have a
> better copy?
> http://citroen.cappyfabrics.com/tmp/It%20All%20Comes%20Back%20To%20Me%20Now.mp3
>
> Also found was "Skeeter Hop", "Exactly Like You" and "Wise Old Owl", all
> so well done, but so poorly copied I just can make much headway with them.

Thanks for that. The only info I had was what was on the CD that the
fellow sent me. It is supposed to be of the Lou Breese band, from 1937.
Obviously the date is wrong, but he band is right because at one point,
an announcer says that he is speaking from the University of Ohio in
Cincinnati and introduces one of the songs as being by Lou.

I was hoping someone would recognize the song. The style is unique from
other versions I have heard of it. Great sax and a very good vocal.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.

Visit me at http://citroen.cappyfabrics.com